Thursday, May 22, 2008

Keep Breathing

I am in love with a song by Ingrid Michaelson song called "Keep Breathing." This song is extremely calming and it really makes you step back and take a look at your life to see the good in it, instead of focusing on the bad.

In the song it says, "I want to change the world...instead I sleep." How many times do I think about wanting to make a difference in the world? I have that opportunity to do everyday because I am a teacher-but I complain about having to go to work? Isn't that a contradiction? So goal starting tomorrow-NO COMPLAINING about work! I can do it!

The song also has a line that goes, "I want to believe in more than you and me." Well the thing is, that I am learning to believe and trust in people again. It has taken me awhile to step out of my comfortable, safe shell that I put myself into so I wouldn't get hurt, and now I kinda look forward to the challenge because I will grow from it. Does that sound weird?

Anyway all I am trying to say is, "All we can do is keep breathing." If we stop, then ironically so do our lives-mine did and believe me, it's pretty lonely.

~Nik

No comments: