Thursday, May 29, 2008

To use or not to use: that is the question.

So I got this advice from a friend and I have taken the advice and am now using it. The advice was to be myself and don't worry about what others think, so I am being myself-now the people around me either don't take me seriously or they think I am too serious! I am not obnoxious or rude, but I do tell people how I feel about situations and I do like to laugh, have serious conversations, and be silly-but now I don't know what to do, either I'm too serious or too silly. Apparently, I've lost myself and now finding it can be a hard thing. I want to be myself and I know that people tend to change who they are to fit the crowd and I don't want to do that. I shouldn't have to change me to keep the friends I have right? I mean if they were true friends, they wouldn't harp on me for being myself, right? Anyway you have just seen the confused and frustrated side of me!

1 comment:

ailinh said...

Nikki, I understand how it goes... Anyway, I saw you at church this last weekend and I really wanted to come talk to you, but the tide kept pushing me along. When will I see you next? =)